Yesterday I received a surprised email from Katie Jennings. Katie wrote: Hi Sass! Wanted to let you know that I nominated your blog for the Inspiring Blog Award!
Of course I looked into it, and I think this is a wonderful idea! I don’t mean the part of me being nominated (that is a huge honor), but I was speaking about the nomination process as a whole.
Here are the rules to the nomination.
- I must post seven things about myself that others may not know.
- I must nominate fifteen blogs for The Inspiring Blog Award. Blog that I’ve found inspiring.
There are so many blogs, website and social networks out there, and through them, we gain the opportunity to meet a wide variety of people. I feel it’s a blessing when we not only meet new people, but we also build new friendships as well!
For those of you who know me, you know that I’m rather shy, and I can be reserved when it comes to my background. Now I admit, I blog in the hopes of reaching out to those who would like to learn more about my stories, but when it comes to opening up about who I am on the inside, I shut down.
I truly enjoy sharing my stories with the world, but lack the confidence when it comes to talking about myself, and in a way, I find blogging gives me that little confidence boost I need in order to open up, without feeling like I’m practicing one of the seven deadly sins, and incase you don’t know which one I’m talking about, it’s vanity.
And so…here are seven things about me that you may not know.
- I am the black sheep of my family; I always have, and I will always be the black sheep. I have been reminded of it my whole life, and I’m fine with that. 🙂
- When I was fourteen, tried a variety of religions. For the longest time I was torn between Buddhism and Paganism, and at the age of sixteen, I decided to become Pagan. I am, and have always been proud of this decision, even though I was raised in a strict Catholic home.
- I was a vegetarian for most of my life. I still have a hard time eating red meat, but I can no longer say that I’m a vegetarian, since I do eat some meats.
- I am a (large) dog person. I don’t like small yappy dogs, and I’m not very fond of cats. I have a cat named Fido-Trap-Einstein, but he has the personality of a dog. 🙂
- I was in a car accident a few years ago, and I now walk with the assistance of a cane.
- I am not a big TV fan; however, there are two shows that I absolutely love! They are The Game of Thrones and Survivor. Go figure. 🙂
- I used to love texting before I got my smart phone. Now that I have it, I avoid texting as much as possible, and I’ve never felt dumber in my life!
Here are fifteen blogs that I’ve found inspirational.
- Author Dean Sault – http://deansaultpopcornwriting.blogspot.ca
- Author Stacey Donaghy – http://www.author-stacey.blogspot.com
- Author A P Miller – http://apmillerauthorblog.wordpress.com
- Marisa A Corvisiero – http://thoughtsfromaliteraryagent.blogspot.ca
- Katie Jennings – http://katieajennings.wordpress.com
- Robert Perry – http://robertperry2012.wordpress.com
- Vineeth Moham – http://brothersbloom.blogspot.in
- Rupertt Wind – http://pagesofflife.blogspot.com
- A website about blogs. 🙂 http://www.theteddy.com
- Bryce Main – http://www.godthedevilandthebartender.com Bryce is an author who enjoys life and has a wonderful sense of humor and outlook. He inspires me in his unique way.
- Author Seleste Delaney – http://selestedelaney.blogspot.com
- Kit Foster – http://kitfosterfiction.blogspot.ca
- Helen Askew – http://littlebitaskew.blogspot.ca
- Faye (Day Dreaming Star) – http://xxdaydreamer21xx.blogspot.ca
- Whenever I’m feeling down, this is a blog I go to, it filled with so many different and inspirational articles. – http://todaysinspiration.blogspot.ca
To the above nominees: Now it’s your turn! Please thank me in your acceptance blog, posting my URL. Also, write seven things about yourself, and then choose fifteen more winners and post links to their blogs.
Once again I’d like to thank Katie Jennings, who nominated me, and special thanks to all the bloggers out there who inspire us each and every day!!!